NEED HELP PAYING FOR CHILD CARE?
Consider applying for subsidized child care. The subsidized child care program helps low-income families pay their child care fees. The state and federal governments fund this program, which is managed by the Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) office located in your county.
Early Learning Resource Center for Region 14
1520 Hanover Ave.
Allentown, PA 18109-2360
Phone: (610) 437-6000 ext 2000
Fax: (610) 432-0100
If you meet the guidelines:
- The ELRC will pay a part of your child care cost. This is called a subsidy payment.
- You will pay a part of the cost. This is called the family co-pay.
- The subsidy payment and the family co-pay go directly to the child care program.
The following are the basic guidelines for subsidized child care:
- You must live in Pennsylvania
- Have a child or children who need child care while you work or attend an education program
- Meet income guidelines for your family size
- Work 20 or more hours a week - or-
- Work 10 hours and go to school or train for 10 hours a week
- Have a promise of a job that will start within 30 days of your application for subsidized child care
- Teen parents must attend an education program
- The child who needs care must be a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residency
- Have proof of identification for each parent or caretaker in the home.
For complete guidelines including income guidelines, visit the Child Care Works Subsidized Child Care Program page.
Apply for Benefits
For your convenience, there are now three different ways to apply for or renew your benefits. You may choose to do so online, with a paper application, or in person.
LVCC Scholarship Fund
The LVCC Scholarship Fund benefits low-income, working families who are eligible for government child-care subsidies and are on the waiting list. Help is also available to pursue vocational training or for tuition-paying families experiencing a financial crisis.
To be considered for scholarship assistance, you must:
- Apply for Child Care Works (Title 20)
- Enroll your child in LVCC
- Complete a Scholarship Application (Please return your completed application to your center director or to the center of your choice).